5 Easy Tips for Self-Packing for Your Move
December 3rd, 2018 | Posted in Moving Tips
Moving is a very stressful and time-consuming process that requires some financial investments. To make it easier for you, we prepared 5 easy tips for self-packing for your upcoming move. So, follow these steps to reduce stress and save your hard-earned money. Also, you should check out our printable 6-week local moving checklist.
5 Tips for Self-Packing
- Tip #1: The first thing that we recommend you to do is to divide your apartment into 2 territories: “I live here” and “I pack here”. While using this approach, you should designate a whole room just for packing and storing your boxes. By the way, packing is always less stressful when there is no one home: just you and your boxes.
- Tip #2:. The first thing that you should pack is everything that you don’t use often. However, it doesn’t mean that you should pack without sorting your items. Decide what you need to sell, donate, or give to your friends. Throw away everything that is too old, ripped, or broken whether it is clothes, shoes, tech gadgets, or furniture.
- Tip #3:. If you don’t have enough time and need to get rid of some items, let your friends choose their “gifts”. You can give them whatever you won’t need at your new place: clothing, dishes, furniture, or even some food supplies. Trust me, your friends will be happy to use some of those.
- Tip #4:. Gather lots of newspapers and soft papers. Try to collect all the ad newspapers and catalogs because you can use them to wrap your plates, cups, and all the fragile utensils. This will help you to save on packing materials. You will also need a lot of boxes: Home Depot and Walmart sells moving boxes of different sizes, and you can also get some boxes at Aldi for free.
- Tip #5:. If you don’t have enough boxes, construction garbage bags can be useful as well. You can put your blankets, pillows, mattresses, and jackets in those garbage bags.