Long Distance Moving – It’s Not as Difficult as You Think
Table of Contents
- 1. Start Early for an Easier Moving Experience
- 2. Follow a Complete Moving Checklist and Plan Everything
- 3. Hire the Best Long-Distance Movers for Your Type of Move
When you face a long-distance move, you have many more things to consider than for local moves. Logistics become more difficult and timelines get longer. Also, full service moves to another state across the country, with a higher price tag than moving just across town. With careful planning and the help of a North American van lines moving company, you can make the process much easier and more affordable.
Start Early for an Easier Moving Experience
The moment you decide to move long distance, begin the downsizing, packing, and preparation process. One of the best tips for any type of move is to get rid of as much stuff as you can. This makes packing and unpacking simpler, minimizes the cost, and can even make you some money if you have a yard or garage sale. As you go through your belongings, separate them into junk, donate, sell, and pack piles. Anything you do not need before the move should get packed immediately.
This is also the time to research national or international van lines and get a company offer for moving services from each one. If you wait too long, your favorite company may not have availability when the time comes to pack the moving truck and hit the road.
Follow a Complete Moving Checklist and Plan Everything
The best way to make a long-distance move easy is to create a master plan and stick to it. These steps will help keep you on track.
- Get more high-quality moving supplies than you think you might need;
- Pack things while throwing out, donating, or selling everything else;
- Write down a complete inventory of all your belongings as you go;
- Check accounts, address changes, and other important documentation;
- Finalize living arrangements on the other side of the move;
- Find hotel or AirBnB spots along the road if you are driving long-distance;
- Identify essential businesses like doctors and pizza parlors by your new home;
- Take photos of room layouts, electrical connections, and design elements;
- Meal prep to use everything in your fridge and freezer up before moving day;
- Return things you borrowed from friends and neighbors;
- Make a smart plan for your pets and make sure they have microchips.
Hire the Best Long-Distance Movers for Your Type of Move
Although there are 1000 things to think about before you complete an interstate move, perhaps the most important is to hire a moving company with a great reputation and the services you need. Contact top choices early and speak with their customer service representatives to learn about availability, binding estimates for your property, and what a long-distance move requires.
Nothing gives you more peace of mind for a move than a working with friendly and experienced professionals who can help with everything you do not have the time or energy to do yourself. For example, your moving estimate may include full packing services if you are too busy with work or simply do not have the skills or ability to do it yourself. The pros know how to handle everything from fragile items to bulky furniture with ease.
You may feel quite stressed about long-distance moving. It’s not as difficult as you think, however. With one of the best long-distance moving companies on your side, you can get everything organized and finished on schedule and on budget. Then, all you need to do is enjoy your new home across the country or around the world.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?