Moving to South Carolina Checklist. Don’t Forget This!
Congratulations on your upcoming move! Living in South Carolina offers the best of the East Coast in one location, from the ocean and prime real estate to low taxes and plenty of outdoor activities year-round. To make your transition to Southern living easier, we’ve created a few posts to guide you through the process. First, read over our moving to South Carolina checklist to guide you through your move to the Palmetto State.
- Fill a Month of Prescriptions. Although in the digital age, most prescription transfers are fast and straightforward. Your doctor will work with you to get set up with a new medical practitioner in South Carolina. But to be safe, try to have a 30-day supply of all prescription medications for your move.
- Forward Your Mail to Your South Carolina Address. Set up your mail to forward to your new address quickly online. You set the date to complete the application right on the USPS website whenever is convenient for you. Remember, some address change notifications you should make in-person. Contact your insurance companies, banks, credit card companies, doctors, IRS, and veterinarians and give them the information directly.
- Schedule Disconnect or Transfer Utilities. Contact your utility companies, such as gas, electric, water, and cable to set up a disconnect date. If you’re not moving out of the service area, you might be able to transfer your account to the new location instead.
- Transfer School RecordsIf you have children, contact their schools and have their records transferred to their new school.
- Find New Doctors and Dentists. Try to connect with new medical professionals as soon as possible. It may take a few weeks to get an appointment with new physicians, dentists, counselors, and veterinarians. However, the sooner you start, the better chances of getting the first appointment within 30 days of your move.
- Drain the Fluids from Your Yard Equipment. When it comes to physical packing for your move, remember to drain the fluids out of your lawnmower, weed trimmer, and other fuel-powered equipment. Additionally, return or discard any propane tanks that go with your grill. You can’t transport them.
- Keep Personal Electronics with You. Whether you’re flying or driving to your new home, pack all cellphones, tablets, laptops, and other handheld devices with you. You don’t want to spend the time frantically searching through a moving truck for your Kindle or phone charger.
- Pack Your Important Documents in a Carry-On Bag. You don’t need to take all the boxes from your personal office in your car. But you want essential documents, such as birth certificates, social security cards, land deeds, and tax records, in a secure location for the move. A carry-on bag is the right size to fit the most important documents to keep them safeguarded by you.
We understand that any move, whether it’s down the road, from North Carolina, or across the United States, is stressful. SEKA Moving works with people to move to South Carolina, including North and South Charleston, Mount Plesant, Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island, and any other destination in the state. You don’t have to ask for southern hospitality with SEKA Moving Company NYC. It’s part of our premium customer service. Get a qoute today to plan your move to South Carolina.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?